Work Adjustment provides on-site support to help people as they improve work skills, work behaviors, and emotional/physical tolerances needed for competitive employment. This program is available primarily in Raleigh, but persons from Vance, Granville, Franklin, and Warren counties may be provided transportation to come to Raleigh, if desired.
The length of this program depends on individual needs and how quickly an individual progresses toward achieving his/her goals, but it is intended to be a short-term program of no more than 3 months. Individuals may be involved in a variety of activities to help prepare them for work, including sub-contract work, classes, and community activities. Some areas that individuals may address include:
- Attendance and punctuality
- Accepting supervision and expressing needs to supervision in the right way
- Working cooperatively with other people
- Paying attention to detail and the quality of work
- Learning to follow directions and ask questions
- Balancing work and personal lives
- How to request accommodations from supervisorsImproving physical or emotional stamina
As each person begins to meet their goals they have the option of receiving help with their job search by working with a Job Coach through the Job Placement program.
We are committed to promoting an environment in which individual choice,
self-sufficiency, respect for cultural diversity, and a true sense of belonging are hallmark