Culinary Creations is a collaborative certification training program through a partnership between Community Workforce Solutions and local community colleges that provides training to individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment. The classes offered provide opportunities to learn basic culinary, restaurant server and/or baking skills, leading to employment in the hospitality industry. Industry recognized Certification exam opportunities are offered at the conclusion of the training programs.
Two Training Tracks are offered:
- Basic Culinary and Restaurant Server
- Beginning Baking and Pastry Arts
Please email email@example.com for more information, or call 919-231-3325 and ask for the Culinary Creations Coordinator.
Classes include the following:
- Hands on training in an ADA Compliant Kitchen
- Professional Chef Instructor
- Uniforms and Handbooks
- Opportunity for industry recognized Certifications:
- ServSafe Food Handler
- Restaurant Server
- Kitchen Cook
- Resume and interview preparation
- Job Tours
- Employer Networking Events which provide students the ability to display skills by preparing food, set up, and serving
- In class accommodations and modifications as needed.
Post-Class Employment Services May Be Available
Depending on who referred you to the class, you might be able to receive the following upon course completion:
- Job Development - assistance with applying and interviewing for jobs
- Job Coaching - ensuring the individual's confidence in their ability to complete their job duties and maintain employment after coaching ends
Culinary Creations was awarded for being the "Most Integrative Program" by NCARF in 2018.
"If we look beyond our fear of the unknown and give individuals an opportunity, we may surprise ourselves.
I have found this experience not only rewarding for the disabled but for the employer as well."
~Elizabeth Garcia, Director of HR at Winwood Hospitality Group